Memorial Day Camp Talk by Acharya Dr. K. Sadananda – May 26-27, 2012
Yoga Vasishta (written by Sage Valmiki) is a discourse by Sage Vasishta to young prince Rama who was in a state of dejection. Prince Rama tours his country and returns home in a disillusioned state after experiencing the apparent reality. Sage Vasishta guides Rama and explains Advaita in the following question-answer form.
- Everyone suffers – the rich, the poor, the young and the old. Everything in the world perishes.
- Nothing is permanent – Man is proud of his possessions and runs day and night after objects and pleasures, and yet deep down finds them to be pith-less and pain ridden.
Based on these observations and using selected verses explained by Swami Tejomayanandaji, Acharya Dr. Sadananda will address the following questions:
- Who am I?
- To whom does this Samsara belong?
- What is the nature of the world?
- What is the purpose of my existence?
- What is the ultimate reality?
You can watch the videos below directly: